Friday, December 21, 2007

Back Home Again

It's so nice to be home. Until now, I feel like I've been a zombie, nauseated and weak and unable to take care of myself. The one nice thing about needing someone to care for me, is that I've been able to spend more time with Nick and my mom. Nausea has not been my friend, and has been a constant struggle. I'd like to say that it's behind me and I can have a couple of weeks of normal life before I return for more chemo. I do feel almost back to normal today, and am up and around the house more so than I have been since I came back home.

Rusty came home from Nick's parents' house last night. I really missed him and it was obvious he missed us too. He just jumped up on the bed-on his sheet- and napped with me for a while. Then he was ready to play with his toys. He's been so gentle and sweet.

I had my post-surgery appt yesterday with Dr Handy for my chest surgery, and he was amazed at how well I was healing. Again, he attributed my speedy recovery to my youth. I also spoke with Dr Bernstein, who is going to give me stronger anti-nausea meds this next round of chemo and was very appologetic that the cheom hit me so hard and strong. He did tell me, however, that he hit me with the strongest stuff they had, so no wonder it hit me so hard.

Let me just say now, that so many people have been incredibly thoughtful and generous, in addition to prayers, and have blessed me with gifts. I am trying to get thank-yous out to everyone, but it may not happen. It doesn't mean that I'm not thankful and grateful for what you've given me, it simply means that I cannot keep up with your generosity. For that, I THANK YOU ALL!

0 comments: