Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 4

I got to see my parents today. After spending a week with their new granddaughter they came straight from the airport to see us. Nick and I can't wait to go see our new niece Alison in North Carolina.

It continues to be a small world as we were payed a visit by the interim chaplain for our floor. It turns out that Brad graduated from Western Seminary in August, which means we have quite a few common friends. He stopped by to encourage us about my cancer (which he did), but most of the time we spent telling fun stories about our mutual friends.

Today brought even more new adventures in the way of treatment. I got a blood transfusion this morning, as my red blood cell count was down. The nurse assured me that this is very common and that they do this kind of thing every day. I have been told that I am going to get one more before the day is out. Tonight I am struggling with some nausea. It came on fast and although the drugs they give are great and long lasting, they are not fast acting.

Grandma and Grandpa Curteman sent us a very encouraging bible passage tonight through Nick's parents.

Isiah 41:10
So do not fear for I am with you;
do not be dismayed for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Tonight my 5th grade teacher and his wife visited and encouraged us. Of the 200 medically documented cases of Pulmonary Blastoma she was number 75. After going through chemo 25 years ago you could never tell that she suffered as I do now. Talking with someone who beat this and is doing so well was very warming to our hearts.

1 comments:

RevReav said...

I love the "blessings" sidebar!!!!