Friday, December 14, 2007

I Can Feel the Love

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 
Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the LORD. 
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality."  
-Romans 12:9-13 (ESV)

I can't thank you all enough for showing me and Nick such love! I really didn't want to leave home to come back to the hospital and leave my Christmas decorations, my flowers from my last hospital stay, and my puppy, Rusty. Rusty is at Nick's parents' house having a wonderful time with Brody (their dog). As far as the Christmas decorations go, Elaine brought me an artificial, miniature tree and some lights to spruce up my room. I suddenly have a bit of an angel collection in the works (I can never have too many guardian angels) and have had quite a few guests. Thank-you Pastor Nathan, Sara and Pastor Scott for coming all the way here to pray with me today. Starting chemo was a little scary and I appreciate the extra support. Aaron and Amanda came twice throughout the day and have been at my beck and call. They picked up a new bible for me and I love it. Thank-you both for showing me such love. My mother-in-law, whom I call Millie (just a fun name), stayed with me for several hours until chemo finally started just to make sure all went well. She even read while I took a nap. It was so nice. I received an anonymous gift today, 1 of 12, for the 12 days of Christmas. Whomever it was from, I love the teapot and tea. Thank-you very much! I can't wait to see what else is to come. I hope you let me know who you are so I can thank you for your generosity. If not, THANK YOU! 
 
My parents are in North Carolina visiting their first grandbaby, Alison, and having a wonderful time with my brother and sister-in-law. I know it's really hard for them to not be here with me through this, but we made the decision to start chemo after they left for their trip. I know it makes them feel a lot better to know you are all here if I need anything. I've been talking to them several times per day and can't wait to see them on Saturday.

Matt and Alicia visited this evening and Matt told me that his mom put me on her prayer chain and is passing my information on to her friends. Sandy, thank-you. I really appreciate you and all of the others who have passed my info on (like Patricia) and are praying for us. You have all blessed us so much already. We have a huge Prayer Army. I'm confident that God WILL heal me! Please keep it up! We've enjoyed the flood of cards that are still flowing in, full of inspiration and encouragement. We send our love back to you all. May the LORD bless you as you have blessed us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys. Just want you to know that we are praying for you...all the way from Michigan. Your joy and patience is truly inspiring, uplifting and a lesson for us. Thank you for your shining example of Christ-likeness. Keeping you in our hearts and our prayers during this 5 day treatment.

With all the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ,
Jason and Mishaela De Vries

NaniJill said...

Wow. How quickly things change. This is the first chance I've had to check up on you...we've only just returned from L.A. (The kids are doing GREAT!) My heart aches for you...and your mama...it's very bittersweet to be embracing one's 1st grandchild, yet longing to embrace one's very special only daughter during such a trying time.

I'm so thankful that you have such an expansive support group...and I LOVE your terminology "Prayer Army". I am honored to be a part of The Army!

Several of the Grandpa's that meet in the mornings have stopped by to say "hi" and to utter their support and concern for you. It's very sweet.

I echo the same sentiments that many others have: your transparency and strength is such an encouragement to me...and those reading your blog (which I love).

You will continue to be at the top of my prayer list. If I don't see you soon, consider yourself hugged - without the pain! =)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you! Jill