Monday, March 3, 2008

Surgery or No Surgery, That is the Question

Okay Prayer Army, I need you. If you read this before 11:15 tomorrow morning, especially, please pray for good news. Nick and I met my surgeon today. From the MRI, CT scan, etc. it looks as though my ovaries are the pelvic tumors. So I guess the tumors are in my ovaries. It's difficult to be sure because at the time of the images, the tumors were so large the ovaries are tough to find. Tomorrow morning at 11:15 I go in for an ultrasound which will determine whether I have surgery on Friday or not. Yes, this Friday. If the tumors are small enough, or (the LORD willing) gone, I won't need this surgery. If they are still there and large enough, I will go in on Friday. The surgeon doesn't know until he gets in there if he'll need to remove one or both ovaries. This really scares me, as Nick and I have been wanting to start a family- months ago, but this cancer got in the way. Please pray for the good news we've been praying for. Thank-you!

I'll write about our trip tomorrow, but we had a great time.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

we love you guys. we'll be with you through whatever the outcome! God is in control of your ovaries! ;)

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you! Remember: "He who holds everything, from the smallest flower to the brightest star, holds you."
I'm glad you guys had a good time, and we can't wait to hear about it. I don't suppose you guys took pictures, right? :)
Our hearts are on our knees until we hear more news. love Rinda

EJ said...

We are praying for you tonight. We believe that God is in control of your lives now and the future of your family, including the children God has planned for you. We're sure He has miracles in store for you that you can't even imagine!

We love you, The Hanson Six

Lori Elliott said...

The Lord holds your life in His mighty right hand! What a safe and wonderful place to be :-) You are a blessed couple to have so many people praying for you and praying specifically for your healing. I know you know this already but it's so wonderful to realize this truth: God loves you! So do I :-)
Lor

Taylor Reavely said...

We've been praying for you this morning. May God give you miraculous peace as you go in. He is with you; there is nothing He cannot do; He loves you.
Love, The Reavelys

Anonymous said...

I will still be praying for you this week, for God's sovreignty, comfort and healing.