Sunday, February 24, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

Hey all!

Sorry it's been such a long time between blog posts. I've been feeling pretty crummy and haven't felt like even sitting at the computer. I'm feeling better, but I'm a week out from the hospital and still vomiting- even with a heavier dose of meds. We leave in a couple of hours for the airport and then we're off to Palm Springs. We've really been looking forward to this- sun, relaxation, fun, time together, swimming, etc. I think as soon as I step off the plane I'll feel a million times better. I hope.

I checked into the hospital for my final round of chemo on Valentine's Day. It wasn't the way I would have chosen to spend the day, but I was happy to get the chemo over with. I don't wish that treatment on anyone. It was rough and I'm happy to say, it's behind me and I can concentrate on a full recovery now. We did not get to meet with the gynecological oncologist like we were told, so hopefully we'll meet him as soon as we get back from our trip.

We didn't have Internet access in the hospital, so we couldn't post the latest plan. Here goes: We leave for a week. When we return, I'll have an MRI of my pelvis to check on the tumors and another PET Scan to check my whole body for metabolic activity. Hopefully it will show that there are no other tumors in my body. With the MRI and PET information, I will meet with the gyn-oncologist and get a surgery date within the next week or two. That's all we know for now.

Please continue to pray for us and this journey that we're on. My hope and prayer is that the MRI will show no tumors-that they've been destroyed- and that the gyn-oncologist will go in for exploratory laparascopic surgery to make sure they are gone. Oh yeah, and we pray that my female reproductive organs are alright too and won't affect us having children.

Thank-you for the cards and words of encouragement you continue to send. I very much enjoy and appreciate them. Have a wonderful week and we'll catch you on the flip side. Peace Out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just like Meredith to sign a blog with peace out. haha. I am SOO glad to hear that you are doing better. I just wish you weren't still sick. I am praying that everything will go well with the MRI. I hope you have a much deserved wonderful trip. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are soaking up the rays and kick'n back under a palm tree by now. What a great way to relax and recouperate. Just seeing the sun in a blue sky is bound to make anyone feel better.
Enjoy your vacation and we're all hoping for good news when you get home.
Have fun, and don't forget your sunscreen! LOL!

Ken, Leslie, Kenny & Steven

NaniJill said...

Beautiful sunshine does much for the soul, doesn't it!?! Greg and I are on Maui just now. We were coming for 1 week and were blessed with two. We head home tomorrow night. I'm so thankful you're finished with this "round" of chemo. I'll be prayerfully anticipating the news to follow. But for now, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you are in Palm Springs enjoying your time away. Hopefully, your nausea will be kept at bay while you're there and you'll come back truly refreshed. I've missed you and am happily anticipating seeing you soon, I hope. Much love and prayers, Jill