Friday, August 29, 2008

My Big 3-0

Well, yesterday was my 30th birthday. It was a great day- low key and fun. I went to breakfast with Nick at Noah's Bagels. I love that place. A couple of girl friends took me to lunch, my parents and grandparents came over to celebrate and Nick and I ended the night at Newport Seafood Grill for happy hour. Yum.

I thought I'd be freaked out about turning 30, but it was more exciting than anything else. I didn't know if I'd be here for my big 3-0. And since I was, I was able to embrace it.

I FINALLY heard back from the dermatologist. Apparently they don't understand that having a very rare disease makes me worry more than the average person when it takes them twice as long to get my results as they say. It was supposed to take a week. They needed to send my slide out for a second opinion. It was supposed to take another 7- 10 days to get my results. It took a month total. They determined that it is a condition called dishhydrotic dermatitis and I was most likely born with it. It will come and go from time to time and it's nothing to worry about. There's a little more to the story but it took a long time to let me know what was going on even after they told me they had my results. I won't be going back to that office. Thank the LORD it's nothing to be concerned about. I was really beginning to wonder.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

FINALLY some result of these tests! Have checked your site daily for this news, which is surely GOOD news. Joan

Lori Elliott said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I do have a little something for you....guess we need to get together....SOON!!

We give thanks to the Lord for the great results! I have a great derm. for you to see if you ever need a new one :-)

I remember 30....some 17 years ago...I ask myself, "why or why did I 'grieve for my youth' on my 30th?" THAT WAS MY YOUTH! Ha! Ha! Besides, isn't 30 the new 25 or something like that? Whatever...

Love you much,
Lor

nancy sampson said...

Hi Meredith,

It's Nancy, your radiation therapist. I check your blog weekly and I'm so happy that you're doing well.The summer has been really crazy and I've misplaced your card that you gave me with your info on it. If you read your comment just know that I'm thinking about you and that I hope you come by to say hello when you come for follow up. Take care,Nancy