Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One Week Down

Well, I've finished my first week of radiation. Six treatments down, twenty-seven to go. Some of you may wonder why I'm going through radiation therapy when I'm virtually cancer free. The doctors think that I most likely have microscopic cancer cells left on my lung stump (where my left lobe was removed in Nov.) and they want to make sure they don't give me any more trouble.

I had my post-op visit with my gyn-onc today. I did not enjoy it. He did tell me that my incision is healing perfectly. He also told me that he and his colleague, a fertility expert, think that my ovaries are dead. That's really not what I wanted to hear, but he didn't know for sure. I told him that I was going to cling to the hope that they will work. I left his office with a smile on my face and the determination that my dream of having my own children is far from over. I feel that if God did not want me to have my own children, He would have had the surgeon remove both of my ovaries. He chose to leave parts of both of them disease-free, which was better news than we had even hoped for.

Even with a smile on my face, I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. My friend reminded me to find strength in the LORD through this hurdle (and always). Nothing is impossible for Him and He knows my heart's desire. Thanks, Lori, for the reality check. I pray that the LORD grants our heart's desire.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Meredith!
I just wanted to say thank for setting an example. Honestly, you have every reason to be depressed, discouraged, and frustrated. But all that I see from you is a beautiful smile, generous hugs, and a heart that is rejoicing in the love of the Lord.
Thank you for setting that example for me. You are such a blessing and encouragement.
I love you and will definitely keep you in my prayers as you go through these next number of treatments!
God bless you, dear friend!
Lauren

Carey Beth said...

HI Mer,
I will be hoping and praying with you. And hey, He got a virgin pregnant...Our God is big. Keep your chin up.

Love you,
Carey

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear, Precious Meredith,
This is your Grandma C coming your way again to say that you are such a beautiful King's Daughter, both inside and out! What a wonderful testimony you have and you are a blessing and inspiration to many. Our prayer for you is that God would in His miraculous way provide you with the desire of your heart!!! HE IS ABLE!
Love you bunches and bunches,
Grandma C (And Grandpa too.)

Larry and Laurel said...

Dear Meredith,
Uncle Larry and I are so glad to hear all of the good news. Hang in there, you never know what good things are ahead! We love you.
Uncle Larry and Aunt Laurel

Anonymous said...

Meredith and Nick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post updates on your blog. We are continuing to pray for you!

Love,
Lisa, Rayburn, Isaac and Abe