Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ding Dong, The Power Port Is Gone

Sorry it's been so long again between posts. My port came out just fine, though it was another interesting experience. It was a procedure done in the surgeon's office. He numbed me up by inserting a needle with local anesthetic under my skin on my chest. He then rooted around under the skin and injected me about eight times in the general area, but only pierced the skin twice. It was painful at first, then he cut me open with the scalpel and I felt a substantial pulling feeling on my skin. He dug around, pulled out the port (which was larger than I realized) and sewed me up. I felt lots of tugging as he closed the incision. It was a very strange experience for me, but Nick was sitting next to me holding my hand and he saw most of it. I chose not to look at it, but Dr Wood held the port in front of my face and told me to say goodbye to it.
As you know I was overly anxious about the port removal and asked people to be praying for me and my anxiety. My friend's elementary students prayed for me that morning and my anxiety melted away and it all went much better than I could have expected. Thank-you to all of you who kept us in your prayers. We appreciate it.

0 comments: